Sunday, October 26, 2008

Not quite three months in...

...and it's already time to say goodbye to new friends.

Jenn, on the left, went back to the States last week to start work on a post-grad degree. LeeAnne will be leaving soon to travel southeast Asia with a friend. Keith and I spent quality time with these girls and they have really helped us settle in.

I suppose it's logical, in a place where we're in such a minority, that the western teachers would come together, welcome each other and offer assistance. But I've been surprised at how much good advice we've received, and how much people really make us feel welcome. And I don't think it's just that so many of them are Canadians ;)

The party Keith mentions in the last post was for these two. But even as we say goodbye we've already welcomed other new teachers who now can use our help. I'm glad we have such good examples to follow.

No comments: